The “Reversible Destiny Lofts MITAKA -In Memory of Helen Keller-“, built by architects/artists Shusaku Arakawa + Madeline Gins, are the first residential units designed “to not to die.”
##The Reversible Destiny Lofts MITAKA allows customers to stay for periods of one or more weeks. You too can live in the first completed residential building by Shusaku Arakawa + Madeline Gins !##
– wish to try out living in an artwork by Arakawa + Gins
– can’t really do a long-term stay, but would like to stay for a brief period of time
– would like to share an interesting experience with your family
– want to hide away in a quiet place while you work on your next book or film project
– want to naturally increase your perceptive and motor skills by simply being
– are looking for an interesting place to stay during your next Tokyo visit.
Whatever your motives are, you will definitely spend a meaningful time at the Reversible Destiny Lofts MITAKA !
For Arakawa + Gins, this artwork can only be completed once people live in it.
We are looking forward to having you complete this artwork and find your own, individual use for it.
##About this apartment##
Would you like to enjoy the Reversible Destiny life with your family or close friends?
In the morning when the sun light comes into the yellow spherical room, you may feel as if there were a miniature sun inside your apartment.
In the late afternoon when the sun goes down, there is a moment you see the bumpy floor looks like the Arabian dessert,,, You can enjoy the room throughout the day and night.
You can also invite your friends to have a party at this wonderful apartment, and you will never forget this experience.
+Apartment Size: 60.36 square meters + balcony 11.77 square meters (2 bed rooms, 1 study room, bathroom, living dining kitchen)
+Suggested capacity: 4 people
##We provide the following##
・Shower / Toilet
・Toilet paper / tissues
・Clothes drying rack
We don’t provide toothbrush and nightclothes.
Disponible para huéspedes
The nearest station is;
"Musashi-Sakai" of JR Chuou line (i.e. from Shinjuku station, will take
approx. 25min, and from Tokyo station, 35min.)
Then take the South exit of Musashi-Sakai, and you will find public bus stations.
Please take any bus which departs at the track No.3, and get off at "Osawa" bus stop (from Musashi-Sakai st., approx. 10 min.)
Buses are available about every 10-12 min.
※It will take more than 30 minutes by walking (approx. 3 kilometers), so we recommend taking public buses to our guests. Free bicycle rental is also available.
##Local Transportation Guide##
New Tokyo International Airport (NARITA)(Airport Limousine / 85-120min) → Kichijoji Station (JR Chuo Line / 8min) → Musashi-sakai Station
New Tokyo International Airport (NARITA)(NARITA EXPRESS / 1hour and 24 minutes) → Shinjuku Station (JR Chuo Line / 17min) → Musashi-sakai Station
Tokyo Station (JR Chuo Line / 35min) → Musashi-sakai Station
Otros aspectos destacables
1 futon set included (we will arrange the additional futon sets along with the number of stayers).
・Please let me know your check-in time and your mobile phone No.
Our check-in time: 11:00 - 18:00.
・On your check-in date, we will ask you to sign a rental agreement when you receive the room key. We also ask for identification and an emergency contact number.
I also have a other apartment can provide to you.
Please refer to the following links:
Apartment for 2 people
1) Try to leave the apartment in good condition when you leave.
2) Do your best to follow the local trash sorting and disposal schedule.
3) No drugs (alcohol is cool, of course!) or other illegal activities, please, as that could get us in big trouble with the police and immigration, too.
4) No smoking inside, but feel free to smoke on the veranda.
5) No pets.