Las sugerencias aparecerán al escribir el texto de búsqueda. Utiliza las flechas hacia arriba y hacia abajo para revisar. Utiliza enter para seleccionar. Si la selección es una frase, esa frase se introducirá en el buscador. Si la sugerencia es un enlace, el navegador accederá a esa página.
Anfitrión de la experiencia

Tours guiados en Nueva Delhi

These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your Trips or Experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.

Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with your city or an attorney.

Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the law has not changed recently.*

When am I likely to be considered a travel agent / travel agency in New Delhi?

You are likely to be considered to be a travel agent / travel agency in New Delhi under the Delhi Motor Vehicles Rules 1993 and the voluntary nationwide guidelines for licensing as an approved travel agent issued by the Ministry of Tourism, if you are in the business of making travel arrangements for tourists for a fee.

There is no fixed definition of “making travel arrangements”, but you could be considered to be doing that if you are:

  • arranging for accommodation or tickets for travel by air, rail or ship on behalf of tourists; or
  • taking care of the practical aspects of an organised trip and ensuring that it runs smoothly (e.g. processing documents and formalities such as passport and visa, and assisting members of the tour).

So if you are a tour operator, excursion agent, tourist transport operator and take care of travel logistics in the manner referred to above, for money or other benefit, it is likely that you will be required to obtain a licence from the Tourism Department of the State of NCT Delhi. We encourage you to check with the Tourism Department of the State of NCT Delhi or speak to your lawyer to ensure that you are following the laws.

Here are some examples of where the above considerations may not apply (but please double-check with your local authority):

  • Taking someone on a guided foraging hike through a protected natural reserve, during which you provide detailed ecological explanations about the plants and a scientific description of animals species encountered and their habits.
  • Having a meal together in a local restaurant to discuss the history of yoga and sanskrit, and then go to your favourite sanskrit bookstore down the street. The next day, meet at the Buddha Jayanti Park for a yoga session.
  • You love music and cricket, so from time to time, meet guests at a local music club to watch a local band performance, then go to the stadium to watch the game and meet some players you know.

What if I am considered to be a travel agent / travel agency in New Delhi: Do I need to get a license? How do I do so?

If you are considered a travel agent, you will need to obtain a license from the Tourism Department of the State of NCT Delhi. To do this you’ll need to complete an application form and submit it with relevant documents to the Tourism Department of the State of NCT Delhi. The application must be accompanied by a license fee of INR 5,000 along with a refundable security deposit of INR 10,000. In general, a travel agent is required to have a minimum of two staff out of which at least one should have Diploma/Degree in Travel and Tourism from a recognized University/ITTM/Institution approved by AICTE or three years working experience in the travel and tourism industry. Licenses are generally granted for a five year period.

If you do not obtain the required license, you could be subject to financial or criminal penalties under Section 193 of the Motor Vehicle Act and/or Rule 81 of the Delhi Motor Vehicles Rules 1993.

Is there anything else I should think about?

If your Experience includes a guided visit to a protected monument under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Rules 1959 (such as the Delhi Fort, Safdarjung Tomb and Purana Qila), you will likely need to be licensed as an Archaeological Survey of India Monument Guide. You can find out more information about how to do this here.

If your Experience includes a visit to a private establishment (such as a heritage establishment or a haveli), it is always prudent to consult them in advance as these establishment may have their own set of rules and regulations for visiting.

You should also ensure that you meet any business registration requirements that may be applicable to you. Please refer to our page on business licensing for more information. If your Experience will involve other activities (for example, serving or providing food or alcohol or involves transportation), please take a look at our other information sections to understand how those guidelines might apply to your activity.

*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).

¿Te ayudó este artículo?
Recibe ayuda con las reservaciones, la cuenta y otros asuntos.
Iniciar sesión o registrarse